One of the most essential components, and aspects, of, providing the most meaningful, effective leadership, is, for a leader, to recognize, unless/ until, the group’s BUDGET, is designed, based on existing obstacles and needs, as well as future ones, in a responsible, responsive, relevant, and sustainable manner, no plan (no matter, how – well – intentioned), offers, the most viable solution, or finest path – forward! Therefore, it is, incumbent – upon, any real leader, to consider the group’s finances, revenues, and expenditures, thoroughly, and effectively, and the best, and, only, reliable approach, is to create, a zero – based budget, which thoroughly, considers, every line – item, and asks, if there is a better way, where the organization, might get, more – bang – for – the – buck! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Benefits; bring it; beliefs; better/ best: To make a group better, and stronger, a leader must focus – on, the benefits of a leader’s ideas, and plans, etc, and, whether, they are viable, and that individual, is able to transform his beliefs, to viable solutions! A real leader must make his group, better, and to offer one’s best, means, ensuring, his group, is financially, prepared, for the journey!
2. Usual/ unusual; useful; urgent; unifying: True leadership means, preparing, both, for the usual, as well as unusual possibilities! However, since everything costs something, and there are a variety of degrees of urgency, etc, the best – path, must be, a relevant, sustainable, truly, unifying one!
3. Delve deeply; discover; deliver: How can one, delve deeply, and discover, the best actions, to take, unless/ until, he fully recognizes, financial implications, options, alternatives, and the best – way, to take advantage of a well – considered, budget? Evaluate how someone performs, not, merely, based on one’s promises, and rhetoric, but, rather, whether, he delivers (over – delivers), on what he states, he will do, and achieve!
4. Generate goodwill; growth; greater good: True leaders must, consistently, generate goodwill, because, of his methods, to generate growth, and seek the greater good, and a meaningful, unifying, meeting – of – the – minds, which make common sense, and serve the greater good!
5. Empathy; efforts; emphasis; excellence; enrich: Leading must be about serving and representing one’s stakeholders, and placing his emphasis, and efforts, focused on enriching them, and group, while, demanding his utmost degree of personal excellence, and, never settling, for, good – enough!
6. Timely; time – tested; trends; together: Bringing constituents, together, for the greater good, must be affordable, well – considered, and align, well – considered, timely actions, with being fully – prepared, to take advantage of time – tested expertise, and lessons, and current trends!
Only, when leaders, take the BUDGET process, and budgeting, seriously, and use, it, wisely, and as a key – part, of one’s strategic plan, will the group, benefit! Are you, up to the tasks and responsibilities, of effectively, leading?